Monday, May 31, 2010

Becoming a legend

How do you know you have become a legend? Simple! When people start gossiping about your achievement without knowing who did it, you can be damn sure of your legendhood. That's exactly what happened to me! What did I do to deserve this? Well, I slept through classes after classes while I was in IISc. You may argue that sleeping in class is nothing new. Who hasn't done that? You have to be a crackpot to have sat attentively in every single lecture! But hold on, there is more. It once happened that I asked a Prof teaching us quantum mechanics a question, and before he could finish answering, I slept off...zzzzzz... Now can you top this? Of course not!! Why else would three professors from three different universities, one of them being my advisor, come to a foreign land a gossip about my achievement? Listening to them, I felt really funny with a tinge of pride. But, on second thought, I am grateful that my advisor didn't realize the world can be very small!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaaa!
    I am trying to imagine the look on the prof's face on seeing you asleep while answering your question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, i sat beside you in class and you were a legend then..especially in Prof JFR's class

    ReplyDelete