Saturday, May 9, 2009

dress up for the occasion!

Not dressing up for the occasion can often lead to social faux pas. I realized this the hard (and very embarrassing) way today. I and some of my friends were playing tennis. It was not planned and I wasn't wearing proper sports apparel. Being newbies, we started slow, but as adrenaline kicked in, I went for more daring shots. It was one such bold shot that exceeded the limit of my shorts. I tore it at its most sensitive part. To make things worse, there were three girls playing in the adjacent court. I had to make a quick exit but the nearest other pair of trousers was in my office, half a mile away. I walked all the way with just a bag held strategically to minimize further humiliation. This was one of most embarrassing things I have faced. Don't ever fail to dress up for the occasion!

3 comments:

  1. And what about the meeting the same girl in the bus again, and feeling like been caught for your embarrassment.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I tore it at its most sensitive part."
    Whose sensitive part? I don't believe clothes have evolved enough to sense anything inside them :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @vijay: don't you think I have already said more than i should in my blog? :D

    @munnu: common! clothes have sensitive parts. they differentiate elegance (or hotness) from being gross! body parts don't change! :D

    ReplyDelete